Sunday, January 30, 2011

MADE IT!

I survived a week of straight walmart work. I'm so proud of myself, especially considering that most of the days I've had off from walmart in the last few weeks have been filled with National Guard pre-deployment goodness and fun. Or something like that.

It was an absolute madhouse today. Typically, there are three occasions we get slammed under: Sundays, first of the month/paydays, and when there's bad weather on the way. Today, we had the (mis)fortune of experiencing all three at once. Be proud of me, for no one died by my hand, this day. haha!

Been listening to Avenged Sevenfold a lot as of late. I'm sure Lucas finds it a welcome reprieve from my Eminem kick, but at the moment I'm identifying with A7X. There's certain lines in all my favorite songs that I'm fixated on. It almost feels like they got into my head and wrote what I was thinking. I love it when music speaks like that. :) In particular, "Fiction" has been talking at me, especially the line that goes like this:

"So tell everybody/The ones who walk beside me/I know you'll find your own way/When I'm not with you"

The song itself feels like a suicide note, or at the very least a letter to loved ones from someone who is going away for a very long time. That line, though, made me cry. It reminds me of how I feel about my friends and family when I consider my upcoming prolonged absence.

They'll be fine without me, no matter the outcome of this deployment. And honestly, that makes me smile. I love that I have such strong, amazing people in my life, and that I get the opportunity to do something like this for them, to give back to them for all they've done for me.

Because I am doing it for them. Every soldier fights, on a larger scale, for their country, yes. However, we keep photographs and memories of loved ones in our hearts, and they become our personal causes. I have mine, have had them since the day I enlisted. I carried them through Basic and AIT. I've had them with me through training, and I'll take them with me to Afghanistan and beyond. Nothing makes me feel so honored as to know that I wear that uniform for them.

I have some amazing people in my life. I say that often, because it's true. I'd never trade a one of them for anything. EVER.

Back to A7X... I frickin love this band. And because I love them, I shall now spam you with a video before I log out. :)

This is the title track from their newest album "Nightmare." Win.

Enjoy, and goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I love this song! And now it's going to be stuck in my head all day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's what I'm good for! :P

    ReplyDelete